Jumma Masjid Kharod offer Nikah ceremonies along with Nikah certificates for those who wish to get married under Islamic law. Please contact a member of the management at the Masjid for further details.
Do not delay in three things;
1) The offering of the obligatory prayer.
2) The offering of the funeral prayer when the deceased’s body is present.
3) The marriage of a woman when her suitable match is found.’
There are a number of things to be taken into consideration before one can arrange a Nikah such as:
1) Mutual consent from both the bride and groom for the Nikah (marriage)
2) Two adult witnesses and representation from the bride who will be present at the Nikah.
3) Mehr – The marriage-gift (Mehr) is a divine injunction. The giving of mehr to the bride by the groom is an essential part of the contract and may be paid in cash, property or movable objects to the bride herself. The amount of mehr is not legally specified, however, moderation according to the existing social norm is recommended. The mehr may be paid immediately to the bride at the time of marriage, or deferred to a later date, or a combination of both. The deferred mehr however, falls due in case of death or divorce.